We are Hiring
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
United Fishermen of Alaska (“UFA”) is the statewide commercial fishing trade association, representing 36 Alaska commercial fishing organizations participating in fisheries throughout the state and its offshore federal waters. UFA’s mission is to promote and protect the common interest of Alaska’s commercial fishing industry, as a vital component of Alaska’s social and economic well-being.
The Office Manager is responsible for general office work including membership correspondence, bookkeeping, filing of paper and electronic records, meeting preparation, and staff support to the Executive Director. The position is based in Juneau, Alaska.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as UFA’s first point of contact for phone and e-mail communications
- Maintain current contact lists for press, state and federal legislative offices, and state and federal agency offices, and distribute UFA correspondence as directed
- Responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, monthly reconciliation and financial reporting
- Maintain current Membership database and ensure timely dues invoicing
- Complete required filings and maintain records for state and federal agencies (APOC, Gaming, local taxes, etc.)
- Maintain online accounts and services, including but not limited to: email accounts, State of Alaska Revenue Online, Constant Contact, USPS ImSB bulk mail, Alaska Airlines EasyBiz, Fidelity IRA Plan Manager, IRS EFTPS, etc.
- Compile annual data tables of community fishery economic and employment statistics, and ensure publication of community Fishing Facts sheets
- Other duties as assigned
Software tools include Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Quickbooks, data export and import, mail merges, USPS ImSB small business bulk mail, and Microsoft Access experience a plus.
This job requires a positive can-do attitude, ability to work independently to produce high quality work products and manage multiple projects at once. Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years of relevant Office Manager experience.
Successful candidates will have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as an attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is required. Also essential is a high level of individual initiative and creativity.
$20-30/hour to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include 3% IRA match, as well as Medical/Dental/Vision health insurance plan with a Health Savings Account contribution.
Applications including resume and cover letter should be emailed to Frances Leach, Executive Director, at email@example.com (please include Employment Application in the subject line).
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., July 30, 2021.
Office Manager Job Posting Description PDF File