- HB 87: Board of Fisheries and Board of Game Conflict of Interest passed out of the House and is now in Senate State Affairs. UFA supports this bill which would allow board members to participate in deliberations but not vote on proposals for which they have conflicts.
- HB 354: Dive Fishery Management, which UFA supports, moved out of House Fisheries and is now in House Resources.
- HB 379: Fishermen’s Fund Reimbursement was passed out of House Fisheries and is now in House...
Enjoy salmon tacos from Juneau's Taqueria while visiting scientists explain how salmon habitat in Alaska is identified and what that means for public policy. On Thursday March 1st from 12:00pm - 1:00pm at the Alaska Education Association's Conference Room (201 Main St, Juneau, AK), UFA's Salmon Habitat Information Program is sponsoring a panel of experts called "Defining Salmon Habitat in Alaska: Current Practices and Emerging Technologies." Topics to be discussed include:
- How salmon streams are defined & why that matters for protection and policy.
- Emerging technologies in modeling.
- What is eDNA and how it could improve defining salmon habitat.