Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
United Fishermen of Alaska (“UFA”) is the statewide commercial fishing trade association, representing 36 Alaska commercial fishing organizations participating in fisheries throughout the state and its offshore federal waters. UFA’s mission is to promote and protect the common interest of Alaska’s commercial fishing industry, as a vital component of Alaska’s social and economic well-being.
The Office Manager is responsible for general office work including membership correspondence, bookkeeping, filing of paper and electronic records, meeting preparation, and staff support to the Executive Director. The position is based in Juneau, Alaska.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office reception including phone and general organization email
- Responsible for administration of membership, accounting, and clerical duties of the organization
- Provide technological and research support for UFA President and UFA Executive Director.
- Prepare monthly membership renewal solicitation letters and general mail preparation
- Receive membership payments and maintain associated accounting system
- Maintain office information systems and backups
- Maintain online accounts and services, including but not limited to; email accounts, State of Alaska Revenue Online, Mailchimp, USPS ImSB bulk mail, Alaska Airlines EasyBiz, Fidelity IRA Plan Manager, IRS EFTPS, etc.
- Prepare or assist in compiling annual data tables of community fishery economic and employment statistics for publication of community fishing and processing fact sheets and other uses
- Complete timely required filings and maintain records for state and federal agencies.
- Maintain current press, legislative, congressional and agency contacts lists for carrying out UFA correspondence as needed
- General bookkeeping including reconciling monthly bank statement and monitor cash flow.
- Assist accountant in yearly IRS 990 filing
- Timely payment of accounts payable and payroll
- Reporting including but not limited to: IRS 941, 940, State ESC, Gaming, & APOC filings, Juneau City and Borough property and sales tax, and additional as may be required for grants, etc
- Assistance in preparation of correspondence
- Assist in preparation of annual UFA budget recommendations
- Produce current P&L, Budget vs. Actual, and balance sheet for reporting at regular meetings and as requested
- Monitor cash flow and membership trends
- Administration of UFA Fish PAC
- Other duties as assigned
Software tools include Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher. Quickbooks, data export and import, mail merges, USPS ImSB small business bulk mail, and Microsoft Access experience a plus.
This job requires a positive can-do attitude, ability to work independently to produce high quality work products, and manage multiple projects at once. Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years of relevant Office Manager experience.
Successful candidates will have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as an attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is required. Also essential is a high level of individual initiative and creativity.
To be determined based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include 3% IRA match, as well as Medical/Dental/Vision health insurance plan with a Health Savings Account contribution.
Applications including resume and cover letter should be emailed to Frances Leach, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Employment Application in the subject line). Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., April 29, 2019.
UFA Job Posting: Office Manager (.pdf)