- Governor Walker appoints Vance Fate Putman to CFEC
- Fish Board nixes rule unpopular with Fairbanks dip-netters
- Alaska Board of Fisheries backs proposed Dutch Harbor grab...
Recent Posts by admin
Transboundary news to share! It's been a long time coming and we are happy to report that the Alaska delegation including Governor Bill Walker, Lt. Governor Byron Mallott, Senators Lisa Murkowski, Dan Sullivan and Congressman Don Young issued a joint letter to the U.S. Department of State requesting that the US Federal Government get involved in an international solution to threats posed by transboundary mining between Canada's British Columbia and Southeast Alaska.This call to the U.S. Department of State by Alaska's elected officials is a major step towards reaching binding agreements between the two governments to help protect our rivers and vital salmon habitat....
You're invited to learn about Ocean Acidification at Pacific Marine Expo!On Friday November 17th from 11:45am - 12:30pm at the Concourse Stage, UFA and Washington Sea Grant are hosting a panel at Pacific Marine Expo called "Fishing Industry and Ocean Acidification: What's the Bottom Line for Salmon Fishermen?" Topics to be discussed include:
- Overall impacts of increasing carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska marine waters
- Impacts on salmon and the adaptation of the commercial fishing industry.
- Thank you! Hundreds of fishermen commented through SHIP's Action platform
- Ocean Acidification infographic
- Ocean Acidification presentation (Juneau)
- Ocean Acidification panel (Pacific Marine Expo)
Thank you for weighing into EPA SHIP launched our online platform in conjunction with the EPA's comment period on Bristol Bay and Pebble Mine. Our tool is designed for fishermen to weigh in on issues important to salmon habitat. We'd like to express our sincerest gratitude to the hundreds of fishermen who weighed into the EPA....
Recent Comments by admin
No comments by admin yet.